Thursday, December 27, 2012

Oracle XE Startup Problem : ORA-01034: ORACLE not available ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exit | ORA-12631 (Username retrieval failed)

Oracle eXpressEdition a compact and nice to use for development purpose.
But after i installed Oracle XE 11g in my machine it gave me a heavy headache to get it up and run correctly.

Problems i got are as below
  • ORA-01034: ORACLE not available ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exit
  • ORA-12631 (Username retrieval failed) 
  • http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/ is not opening
  • listener.ora changes does not help
  • ....

I was Googling for more than a week for the problems and each solution leads to another problem for example if i solve ORA-27101 then the next gate will be ORA-12631(it goes one..).  

Finally i got relief from the headache.

  • To install Oracle XE user should have System Admin privilege.  
    so i got Admin privilege from my network admin.
  • I am able to install now, but still it makes problem.
  • XE service is not running or oracle Apex is not opening @ http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/
  •  My account is actually networked (Windows NT user).
  • I uninstalled XE, then i logged in with the Local System Administrator account (not in NT domain).
  • I installed Oracle XE.
Now its up and running oracle Apex is also running well.

So careful, while installing Oracle XE be logged in the system as local Administrator.

2 comments:

  1. Nice article I was impressed by seeing this blog, it was very interesting and it is s for sharing all the information with us all.very useful for me. Really the post is very unique.every concepts are captured nice.
    oracle training in chennai

    oracle training institute in chennai

    oracle training in bangalore

    oracle training in hyderabad

    oracle training

    oracle online training

    hadoop training in chennai

    hadoop training in bangalore

    ReplyDelete